Friday, September 28, 2012

BACK OF THE 1990s WITH DSQUARED


In my previous Reflective Journal I wrote that I can feel the back of 1990s in the air. Few month after such brands as Balmain and Dsquared present their collection inspired by this decade.
Especially Dsquared took the inspiration from particular shoot which may be called the reflection of 1990s. I'm talking here about Peter Lindbergh's photoshoot from 1991 for British Vogue with the best supermodels of the time including Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Christy Turlington, Cindy Crawford or Tatjana Patitz.
All of them wearing biker hats, short skirts, leather and biker boots, posing with motorcycles in the background were the base for Dean and Dan Caten.








After watching the show on youtube I automatically saw George Michael's video for "Too Funky" from 1992.


The beginning of the Dsquared show is almost the same as the part with Linda Evangelista in George Michael's video:  


The other reference for the collection is 1991  Autumn/Winter collection of Chanel:






And one more thing... Silhouettes :


I am definitely doing a shoot inspired by 1990s! And it will definitely be the Chanel vintage style + George Michael + all the music that reminds me when I was few years old kid:



This is awesome. No pointless arguments. No hipsters claiming to have heard this first. No trolls. No religious debates. Just people reminiscing of better times, and younger kids (like me) discovering the awesome music of the 90's.

No comments:

Post a Comment